Last modified: February 2019
Travel Costa Mesa ("We", "us", or "our", as applicable) stresses the importance of privacy and is committed to earning your trust by adopting high standards for the protection of your personal information.
1. Information We Collect
We may collect two basic types of information from you in conjunction with your use of the Website: personal information and non-personal information.
You may provide us with your personal information by using our Website in the following ways:
- By communicating with us regarding service delivery including any profiles, preferences, or special requests you may make.
- By participating in a marketing initiative, survey, or responding to special offers we may send you from time to time.
- By registering or otherwise entering information on or through our Website.
- By interacting with us on a social media platform, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or YouTube.
We will provide you with opportunities to "unsubscribe" or to correct or update your personal information, but you are responsible for ensuring the information you provide to us and that we maintain is complete, accurate, and up to date. We cannot and will not be liable to you or any other party if, for any reason, you do not provide us with complete, accurate, and current information or you fail to update such information in a timely manner.
We do not collect personally identifiable information from you or your computer when you simply visit (e.g., browse) the Website. Unless you actually provide us with personally identifiable information, we will not know or collect your name, your e-mail address, or any other personally identifiable information about you.
When you request or visit a page on our Website, we may collect certain non-personal information about you, such as logging certain communications, technical, and operational information and aggregate it with other similar information in order to make our Website function correctly, perform capacity and other technical planning, and generally make our Website function properly and improve it where we can.
2. Our Use and Disclosure of Information
As non-limiting examples, we may use the information we collect from and about you in the following ways:
- To establish, maintain, and honor our relationship with you and to provide you with our services and those of our third-party suppliers and promotional partners.
- To understand and better attempt to fulfill your needs and preferences in providing services from us.
- To develop, enhance, market, or provide products and services or offers we believe, based on the information you provide us, you may be interested in receiving.
- To manage and develop our business and operations and help us improve our services for you.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
- To aggregate information or statistics to better serve our guests and customers generally, enhance the performance of our Website, and generally improve how we do business.
We may also use and/or disclose your information in the following ways:
- Completing Forms. When using forms on the Website, it is necessary to have information in order to identify you, contact you, and to process signups. This usually includes your name, address, phone number and e-mail address. If you elect to participate or take advantage of a promotion or service that involves third parties, your personal information will be shared with that third party to the extent necessary to participate, enroll, or otherwise provide you with the service and process your purchase or request.
- Time Sensitive Offers. We offer you the ability to receive targeted, timely notification of time sensitive offers. To sign up for this service, we require you to provide us with your e-mail address, first name, last name, and zip code. You may unsubscribe at any time using the link provided on every email we send you. Of course, if you change your mind, you may subscribe again at any time in the future.
We may also share your personal information with a third party involved in processing transactions that you request, such as sweepstakes entries or email signup. Personal information may also be shared if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Website; (b) respond to requests by a public authority or official or those acting under government or judicial authority; (c) protect or defend our rights or property, the Website, or our users; or (d) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, the users of the Website, or the public.
When you interact with our Website, we may receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, "cookie" information, and the page you requested.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the "Help" section of your browser for more information. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features, content, or personalization available through the Website.
4. "Do Not Track" Practices
At this time, we do not honor do-not-track signals from browsers or other consumer choice mechanisms regarding the collection of behavioral tracking data.
While we collect personal information from you as described above, we do not collect personal information from you to monitor your online activities across third-party websites or online services and over time (also known as behavioral advertising or interest-based advertising). We do not use or allow third parties to collect personal information from you on the Website in order to monitor your online activities across third-party websites or online services and over time.
5. California Disclosures
If you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with us, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties, for the third parties' direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year. To request a notice, please submit your request to Travel Costa Mesa, 940 South Coast Drive, Suite 265, Costa Mesa, CA 92626.
6. Links to or From Other Sites
Please note that the Website may link to other websites and online services operated by third parties. These websites and applications operate independently from us, and we do not control and are not responsible for the policies or actions of third parties linked to the Website, which may be different from ours. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party websites or applications.
We strive to ensure the security of your personal information. We use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your personal information collected through the Website from access, loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction by any unauthorized party. Please understand, however, that no transmission of data over the internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private. You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse such as by maintaining the confidentiality of any usernames or passwords and logging out of any accounts.
8. Children's Online Privacy
We respect the privacy of children and are committed to complying with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). We do not intentionally collect personal information from children. If you are under the age of thirteen (13), you may not submit your personal information to us. If we learn that a child under 13 has provided personal information to us without verification of parental consent, we will take commercially reasonable steps to delete such personal information.
9. Notice to Non-U.S. Users
If you reside in the European Union, you have certain rights under the European Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"), including the right to
- Request access to your personal information.
- Request corrections to your personal information.
- Request that we restrict the use of or erase your personal information.
- Object to our processing or transferring your personal information.
- Withdraw your consent for us to use your personal information.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority under the GDPR.
10. Our Principles
We will strive to keep your personal information accurate and up to date and we will provide you with reasonable opportunities to access, correct, and update your personal information.
You are always free to refuse to provide personal information to us, recognizing that in some cases this may limit or make it impossible for us to agree to provide you with the services or goods you may request.
You may also withdraw your consent with respect to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, when you access or visit our Website. You may withdraw your consent by separately e-mailing us at the contact information below, using "Unsubscribe" in the subject line, and providing us sufficient personal identifiers so we can act effectively on your request.
12. Contact Us
Mail: Travel Costa Mesa, 940 South Coast Drive, Suite 265, Costa Mesa, CA 92626